The Berlin International Economics Project
The Berlin International Economics Project 2010-14 was a five year long project that took place between the years 2010-14 and was conducted by the Academy for Cultural Diplomacy in partnership with global governance organizations, national governments, leading academic institutions and multinational corporations.
The project focused on raising awareness for the fields of international economics and its relations with other disciplines such as global governance, international relations, and culture. In particular, the project promoted dialogue on issues such as inequalities, fair trade, corporate social responsibility, and socially responsible investments.
The project included several large-scale annual meetings as well as 200 events, youth programs, and extensive research in the field. In addition, graduate programs were established in order to enable academic degrees in the field as well as new professional opportunities.
The following events were held among others throughout the years 2010-14:
The following academic programs were established:
- The Berlin International Economics Congress 2014 » „Global Trends in Creative Economies: Green Industries, Education, Entrepreneurship and Tourism as Drivers of Sustainable Economic Growth„ (Berlin; March 5th - 7th, 2014) more
- The Berlin International Economics Congress 2013 » Intercultural Relations, Youth Development Advancement, Environmental Responsibility & Ecotourism: Opportunities for Successful Nation Branding in the 21st Century (Berlin; March 6th - 10th, 2013) more
- The 2012 International Symposium on Cultural Diplomacy & International Economics » „Political & Economic Inequalities: Bridging the Gap between Civil Society and the Public & Private Sectors„ (Berlin; June 20th - 22nd, 2012) more
- The International Symposium on Cultural Diplomacy in Geneva 2012 » „Cultural Diplomacy & Sustainable Development„ (Geneva; June 13th - 15th, 2012) more
- Berlin International Economics Congress 2012 » "Building Economic Bridges: Integrating Cultural Diplomacy into Nation Branding, Corporate Social Responsibility and Global Governance" (Berlin; March 7th - 10th, 2012 - Held Parallel to the Berlin International Tourism Trade Fair) more
- The Berlin International Economics Congress 2011 » „An International Conference on the Future of Global Politics, Nation Branding, Sustainable Tourism and International Investment in a Globalized World„ (Berlin; March 9th - 12th, 2011) more
- Nation Branding in a Globalized World: » "An International Conference on the Economic, Political, and Cultural Dimensions of Nation Branding" (Berlin; July 29th - August 1st, 2010) more
- The Berlin International Economics Congress » "An Interdisciplinary Analysis of the Roles of Global Politics & Civil Society in International Economics" (Berlin; February 4th - 7th, 2010) more